Mazda MX-5 racing
Our Mk3 (NC) Mazda MX-5s are fun to drive and eligible for many race series. Stripped of the weight of the road car, with a proper racing specification, they're a proper step up from the Citroen C1 race cars and require a more precise driving style.
We have two cars available, the white car in vanilla BRSCC Super Cup specification, and another blue car in a slightly higher enduro specification. Either can be tailored to the series of your choice through ballast and ECU adjustments.
The cars are available for either single meetings or a full season on an arrive and drive basis. Our fee includes pre-meeting prep, delivery of the car to the circuit, full support and crew for the weekend, data analysis and strategy, fuel, tyres and other consumables. Just pay your entry fees and turn up for the weekend!
One of the many advantages of the MX-5 platform is it's wide eligibility for many popular series and championships. Here are just some of the options:
- BRSCC Super Cup & Super Series - a one make forumla for Mk3 Mazda MX-5s with a control specification, single drivers, 20 minute sprint races, usually 3 rounds per weekend. Super Cup is a full championship, Super Series consists of individual non-championship rounds.
- BARC MAX5 - a class based championship for Mk3 and Mk4 Mazda MX-5s, single drivers, usually 2 rounds per weekend, 20 minute sprint races.
- 750MC Club Enduro - multi-marque championship consisting of 2hr and 3hr races, one or two drivers, visiting classic UK tracks such as Donington, Oulton Park and Silverstone, plus a double round at Spa Francorchamps.
- 750MC Roadsport - multi-marque championship consisting of 45min races, one or two drivers.
- MSV Trackday Trophy - entry level multi-marque series suited more to novice racers, very friendly paddock, 45min races, one or two drivers.
Both cars offer:
- Rear wheel drive
- 2.0l 16v naturally aspirated, 7600rpm rev limit with uprated ECU
- "Racing Beat" exhaust manifold and sports exhaust
- Uprated 6 speed gearbox
- Limited Slip Differential
- Adjustable anti roll bars front and rear
- Adjustable GAZ Gold Cup dampers
- Polyurethane suspension bushes
- Avon ZZR semi slick competition tyres
- Safety Devices roll cage with double door bars
- Up to 180bhp/tonne depending on driver weight, ECU specification & ballast
- AIM DL with SmartyCam GP data logger with video overlay
In addition, the blue enduro car offers:
- Further enhancements to engine management, enabling flat shift and auto blip
- Camber bolts on the suspension for finer adjustment
- Uprated Quaife LSD
- Driver adjustable brake bias
- Choice of Avon ZZR, Michelin Cup 2 or Uniroyal rain tyre