Why race with us?
Maybe you're considering Citroen C1 racing and wondering whether to build your own car? Or perhaps you're looking to join an established team or for someone to run a car for a group of friends?
Certainly there are plenty of options, but indulge us for a moment and let us explain why racing with Majestic Motorsport is an option well worth considering.
We're a friendly yet professional and well organised bunch. In the past we've crewed works race teams at Le Mans, raced in British GT and Superbikes, worked in senior engineering roles for various automotive manufacturers and even restored a classic car or two.
We're probably not the cheapest option in the paddock, but if you value a well prepared quick car, the backup of experienced racers and mechanics, and that in endurance racing you need to first finish to finish first, you'll understand we offer excellent value.
Before accepting a drive with another team, it's probably worth asking them the answer to these questions:
- Have they been C1 racing before, or is this their first time?
- Do they have works racing team experience?
- Do they have a fully equipped workshop facility, which you can visit and talk over how the cars are prepared?
- Can they securely store your car between races, in a dedicated storage facility?
- Do they carry a large selection of spares, including axles, new front struts and wishbones, driveshafts, spare engines with ancillaries and gearbox ready to fit?
- Do they have a race truck to accommodate all those spares, with full sized awning, for races where garage space is at a premium?
- Can you rest up between the driving and not think about refuelling or working on the car, whilst the crew take care of everything?
- Do they have additional crew members for 24hr races, so they are not torquing your wheel nuts with zero hours sleep?
- Do their mechanics work in the automotive industry as a day job, or is this just a weekend gig?
- Do they build their cars with all new running gear, including low mileage engines, new wheels (used ones can crack!) and maintain them regardless of cost?
- Do they have the time to fully run over the car after each session, and replace any suspect components with new, even if only as a precaution?
- Have they tested in advance at the venue, and as such know what the right tyre pressures, suspension setup and what a fast lap time should be?
- Do they have a dedicated data engineer who is on hand to work out race strategy, and can compare your fastest laps with their existing venue data and pro drivers?
- Do they have a dedicated pit wall crew member?
- Do they have a Lotus 72 pin-striped fridge, excellent catering facilities and serve gourmet coffee? ;-)